Sunday, June 04, 2006

Madness: Picture update.

Well I'm back sooner than I anticipated as I had the weekend off- I read the rota wrong. Lucky you. So I've updated the Vodka receipes blog with some pics and added an Apple receipe.

The other plus, whilst messing about trying to get good shots, I found some I took on a plane trip over Asia. I can't say which part because I bummed a lift from a friend who flies regularly out there and you aren't really supposed to be shooting ariel photography. Huts and banana plantations are all very hush-hush you know, but it's not like my zoom can get that sort of resolution. Just click on pics for high res. image.

Land





Clouds
The other great thing about being in a plane is that you get to shoot pics of some great clouds up close and personal. I never tire of clouds and they seem to have an inifite number of textures, shades and shapes. And they all look so carefree. Sigh. Anyway, enough of me. Here they are:


These 2 shots are of the same spit of land, 3 days apart. The cloud formations looks exactly the same. I checked out the meteorological conditions on both days and they were, surprise, surprise, the same; virtually no wind, same humidity and temperature. You'll see another shot of the same spit on an upcoming travel write up.
The blue balance on this photos is just great. I had to photoshop it only a little- just some cropping, and a bit of tweaking the brightness.

Well, I got the contrast and brightness dead on here but I did have to touch the colours up a little. Just a little, to get it the way I like. I need a bit more experience to get both the colouration and lighting the way I like.

I did pretty much get it right on this one- I like that bold, slightly over exposed look for shooting clouds, but alas the cockpit window didn't do wonders for the lower part of the shot.

-Misc-




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home